Friday, March 21, 2014

Turkey Salad

Good morning.

A little background behind this sandwich.  Last weekend, I was digging in my freezer for something and I pulled out this big turkey and set it on the basement floor, next to the freezer.  Needless to say, I forgot to put it back in the freezer.  Brian found it 2 days later, partially thawed.  He stuck in in the fridge to let it finish thawing.  A couple days ago, he came home on his lunch hour and made homemade stuffing and stuffed the bird, stuck it in the oven and cut up potatoes and let them soak in water until he got home.  We had a Thanksgiving dinner in the middle of March.  And just like the real turkey day, we had plenty of turkey left over. 

I decided late last night to make turkey salad.  I tossed turkey into my food processor to get it chopped up really good.  Oh my goodness, I pulled it out of the fridge this morning to make sandwiches for lunch for us to take to work....  it smelled sooooooooo good!!!  However, I did make a bit too much.

 
  • 2 cups cooked turkey (white and dark mixed)
  • 2 tablespoons finely minced celery
  • 2 tablespoons finely minced onions
  • 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • a dash of garlic powder
  • a dash of onion powder
  • ¾ cup mayonnaise
  • Lettuce
  • Tomato  ( I didn't have any tomatoes, just lettuce)
Instructions
  1. In the food processor, added my turkey and got it chopped fine. 
  2. In a small bowl, mix celery, onion, brown sugar, seasonings and mayonnaise. Mix and taste for seasoning. Adjust seasoning and add to turkey. Turn on mixer just enough to incorporate or do as I did and hand mix it up with a large spoon. 
  3. Serve on a bed of lettuce and tomato or put on a sandwich
 
I need to learn how to photograph food.  These pictures were taken on my cell phone because of the convenience factor.


No comments:

Post a Comment