Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Salmon Burgers Recipe

I made these burgers over the weekend.  The kids loved them.  The recipe calls for a 5oz package of chicken of the sea salmon.  I used a large can and doubled the recipe.  I had enough left that I gave a couple patties to my parents and they both thought they were very good.

My youngest step son actually requested I make these.  I had no idea he even liked them, even though he does eat Salmon fillets.

Ingredients

  • 1 (5 oz) pouch Chicken of the Sea® Premium Skinless & Boneless Pink Salmon
  • 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
  • 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
  • 2 teaspoons fresh chopped parsley
  • 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1 large egg, beaten
  • 2 tablespoons mayonnaise OR salad dressing
  • 4 hamburger buns
  • Vegetable oil
  • Favorite hamburger toppings: lettuce, tomato, pickles, etc.

Directions

  1. In medium bowl, combine salmon, breadcrumbs, onion, mayonnaise, egg, lemon juice, parsley and garlic salt; blend well.
  2. Shape into 4 burgers (salmon mixture will be moist).
  3. In large skillet, heat 1 to 2 tablespoons oil and cook burgers over medium heat until both sides are brown.
  4. Serve on hamburger buns with your favorite toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment