Thursday, March 20, 2014

Fantastic Steak Marinade and Oven Baked Potato Wedges

Back again.  This is my first recipes.  I found this great steak marinade on joyfulmommaskitchen.com and had to try it.  It turned out fantastic.  Then, on allrecipes.com I got the recipe for the potatoes.

My other half has a membership card  to Restaurant Depot in Pittsburgh.  He gets these nice strip loins and then we cut them down into strip steaks.  It probably costs us $4 per one inch thick steak.  As you can see, they are big.

 
 

Here is the recipe for the marinade
 
Best Steak Marinade
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup olive oil
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
3 Tbsp dried basil
1 1/2 Tbsp dried parsley flakes
1 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp fresh minced garlic (2 cloves)
1. Marinate steaks 4-12 hours.  Grill.

I put all the ingredients in a plastic ziplock bag and marinated it all day while I was at work.  I made a mistake with the potatoes.  The original recipe that I found on allrecipes.com did not say anything about greasing the baking sheet.  Well, my taters wanted to stick.  I should have went with my gut feeling and greased the pan.  I added this step in the recipe below.

The potatoes
3 large russet potatoes cut into 8ths (wedges)
1/4 cup of olive oil
1/2 cup of parmesan cheese grated
1/4 tsp of black pepper
1 T of onion powder and garlic powder
1/4 tsp of salt

Mixed all the ingredients up in a bowl and spread them out on a greased baking sheet.  Baked in a 400 degree oven for about 40 minutes or until tender.

I served this dinner with a side of corn.  Ignore the Christmas plates.  I need a new set of dinner plates and right now, I am using my Christmas plates in March.


No comments:

Post a Comment