Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Low Carb Weight Loss Journey - My Story

Hello Everyone....

First, I want to start by saying that this blog was created a few years ago but I had only posted a couple times.  Any of the recipes posted before today are NOT low carb.  I just started on a low carb journey a week and a half ago.... July 14, 2017.  Oh,  this will be a long post.

For much of my adult life, I have struggled with my weight.  I had the yo-yo effect.  I went through a period of about 2 years where I weighed in under 200 lbs.  But now, my weight is out of control.  I gave up my nicotine addiction and replaced it with a food addiction.

I know I have to make a change.  I created this blog with the intent of blogging my progress and sharing tips, tricks and yes recipes.  I feel that by blogging, I and my viewers are holding me accountable for what I eat and my activity.  Those who do vlogs and blogs about their weight loss seem to have a higher success rate.  I have a new YouTube channel as well where I will post Vlog and cooking videos.

I am on my weight loss journey with out gastric surgery.  My insurance does not cover it.  My boyfriend found the diet for bariatric surgery patients.  I followed the pre-op diet for a few days to jump start my weight loss.  I count both calories and carbs and have lost 12 pounds since July 14th...  that is less than 2 weeks.  Below are my pictures taken on day 1 of my new life.



I weighed in at 233​ lbs and I am 5' 2"
Current weight as of July 25, 2017 is 221 lbs.
Some of my clothes are a little looser.  I wore a pair of jeans yesterday that I had not been able to wear in like..... forever.

I will upload a new photo after I hit my one month mark.

I use an app called My Fitness Pal for iphone.  I do believe they have a version for the android system as well. I love this app and after trying a few others, this is my app of choice.  I will give a detailed review in another post.

That is where I am right now....  stayed tuned for more.
Hugs!!!  And, lets get healthy together!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment